Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs about the courses:
1. How long will it take me to complete the course?
The FLIP It Course includes 8 modules and each module takes between 20-45 minutes to complete. I recommend allowing 5-8 hours to complete the course material and the final project if you want to earn the certificate. Mini-courses include 1-3 modules, and each module takes between 15-30 minutes to complete.
2. Who are these courses for?
The courses are designed for educators who are looking for more ways to engage students and improve learning.
If you’re already teaching using flipped and active learning approaches and it’s going great, that’s awesome! Maybe you are looking for tips, advice, or new teaching strategies so you can adjust a few things and make it even better! These courses include actual case studies and real stories from my travels across the country which might give you different perspectives and ideas.
If you’ve tried flipped or active learning approaches, but it didn’t work as well as you’d hoped, then these courses will help address some of the most common problems. It’s okay if you tried it and didn’t feel it was a success. I applaud you for taking the risk, trying something new, and reflecting on what worked and didn’t.
If you’re curious about flipped and active classroom models, but haven’t tried it yet, you are not late to the party by any means! I’ve talked with many educators who are waiting to learn more about it or who haven’t had the time to really focus on learning how to do it well. These courses will help you start from the beginning by walking you through each step to develop a flipped lesson.
If you’re a teaching assistant, graduate student or postdoc who is interested in a career in teaching at the college and university level, these courses will give you the foundation, examples, and tools to support you in this process. You’ll learn how to design an active learning experience which is very different from delivering a lecture.
3.What does lifetime access mean?
Some of the courses include lifetime access. After you pay your registration fee, you get instant access to the full course. And, as long as the course exists, you will continue to receive access to all of the updated course content, resources, worksheets, materials, and private discussion forums.
4. Why did you choose a self-paced, on-demand format for these courses?
I want to make it easy for you to get access to the course material anytime, anywhere. I know, as an educator, you have limited time during the workday to engage in professional development. With this format, you can complete the course material at your own pace when it fits your schedule.
5. How does the 30-day money back guarantee work?
See the refund policy page for more information.
6. How can these courses be used on my campus?
If you direct a teaching center or coordinate faculty development services and you want to integrate any of the courses into your program, contact me and let’s discuss how we can work together to best meet the needs of your faculty. Most courses have a bulk rate discount for more than 10 participants.
7. Do you provide documentation for me to submit to my campus to receive reimbursement or earn continuing education credits? Do you provide other methods of payment if I am unable to use a credit card?
Yes, you will receive a receipt when you complete your payment. If you need additional documentation to receive reimbursement or to earn continuing education credits, contact me and let me know what you need. Some of the courses include a certificate once you complete all of the assignments.
You have three options for payment:
(1) Register for the course by clicking on any of the “register” buttons on the web site. Once your payment is processed, you will receive instant access to the course material.
(2) Go to the store and add the course to your cart. You can pay by PayPal, credit card, or check. Within 48 hours, you will receive login instructions by email and then you will be able to instantly access all of the course materials.
(3) Payment may also be made using a purchase order. Contact me for more information.
8. Who do I contact for technical support or help with the course?
If you have other questions not listed here, contact me. I look forward to working with you!